This is how spouses and civil partners of armed forces personnel posted overseas can fill gaps in their National Insurance record.

Did you go with them on an overseas posting after 6 April 2010 ? If so, you can still apply if you are now widowed, divorced or have had your civil partnership dissolved.

You must have been married or in a civil partnership at the time of the posting.

You should apply before the end of the tax year following the tax year when the posting ended.

A tax year runs from 6 April to 5 April.

For example, for a posting that ended between 6 April 2018 and 5 April 2019 you should apply for Class 1 credits by 5 April 2020.

You can apply if you are still overseas but are due to return to the UK or if you have recently returned to the UK and not passed the time limit for applying

There is a time limit to apply for these credits so use this link below

Lean More Here on the Government Website